Okay, slacker blogger extraordinaire is BACK! Yes, that's right. I'm back. In my defense, I've been doing A LOT!!! Including.........BA-DA-BING: running my first HALF MARATHON!!! Why all the caps and lots of exclamation points?? (One of my friends says that lots of exclamation points makes you sound like an asthmatic kid which I think is hilarious.) I trained all fall for the Philly half marathon, something that I've been wanting to do for some time now (read: YEARS) and just never did. Enter my new friend and running buddy Katie, who said, Just Do It. Nike was right all those years ago. SO, I Just Did It. And I'm very proud of myself yet definitely wondering why I waited until I was 33 years old with three children under the age of 5?? It wasn't as hard as it seemed it would be and I am thrilled to say that I am definitely doing it again! Here is the proof:
Our friend Bobby T. ran it with me as my official pacer. He was an awesome cheerleader especially from miles 7-9 when it was very hilly and at the end when I was DONE. Thanks Fun Bobby!!
Thank you to Garland and Pops for getting up at 4:30AM to cheer me on. And the biggest thanks to Molly, Court & Mimi for watching my girls. Apparently Ginger wanted everything to do with Molly and not Courtenay, which we chalk up to the smell of the milk because allllllll the Buchanan ladies love Aunt Court!
And, of course, all hail Rocky. May I never hear that theme song again....
2 comments:
CONGRATS!! I think about your fabulous achievement every time I am huffing and puffing away on my treadmill!
congratulations flann!! that is an amazing achievement. very inspiring.
Post a Comment