Sunday, May 8, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

So, we're here, we're here!  
We made it!  
We're Chicagoans, good wholesome, hard working Midwesterners!
I have to say, I'm really, really happy and I hope that keeps up because I've never felt fully satisfied by where I've lived.  You know, something just always felt like it was missing.  And so far, fingers crossed, my first week in Chicago has been peaceful, fulfilling, and well, it just feels right.  I don't know why.  Chicago was never on my radar, at least not since I was 23 and looking to leave DC (ultimately choosing San Diego and thank GOD, finding Gar).  So this all comes as a surprise.  

I was saying over at Three Sisterz, that this whole move to Chicago has felt like fate, meant to be.  I don't know why.  Making the decision to leave our friends was tough but we made the decision without looking back and it always felt right.

And then I arrived.
And I found this peony bush in my new backyard.
And I knew even more so, without a doubt, it was meant to be.  
(I know, I know, it sounds so cheesy.)


Here she is, our first rental as a married couple and it feels soooooo good.
No painting.
No appliances breaking down (that we have to fix, anyway).
No deck sealing, lawn mowing, floor refinishing, plumbing.  Nothing.
Although it does feel weird not being able to nest.


The girls are handling it well.  Eleanor has definitely had the hardest adjustment and she is still adjusting, quite frankly.  She misses Longmeadow, her friends and the JCC terribly.  But she also is enjoying Chicago.  So she keeps asking me if we can live in both spots.

We did go to an open house at the neighborhood Catholic school, St. Viator's and the girls loved it.  Eleanor was very, very excited about it.  Is it strange that I can't wait to buy their uniforms?

Alright, off to bed.  
I'll work on posting all of our adventures!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

So glad to hear that you are so happy there! Keep us posted on your new adventures!!