Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eleanor's First Day of Kindergarten

Well the day is here.  The day that used to feel so far away.
Kind of like her surgery.  
How did we get here?
Wasn't I just calling Molly and telling her today was the day, book a ticket.
Didn't Fun Bobby, her godfather, just agree to drive to Syracuse to pick Molly up so Molly could see her arrive?
I guess that is the way these things go. Quickly.


Morning breakfast was, of course, buttered toast.  She's been eating that every morning for approximately three years.


A little posing.



Where'd she get this sass because I don't have it?
And I'm fairly certain Gar doesn't....less he's hiding something from me.





Ginger was having none of it.
(ML was already at school.)



Our new backpack complete with bunny embroidery.
I HEART Land's End.






And we're off!
My little city girl is mastering the city streets on her scooter.
I, on the other hand, dread running through the viaduct covered in pigeon poop and feathers.
But, I suppose, that's a whole nother story.




Come on, Mom, get in shape!


Mom, I'm gonna leave you in the dust.


Here we are.
Ready to go.


"Mom, when are they going to let us in?!"


Mom, are we done yet?  Can't we go home and enjoy the silence?!


Like a beacon in the night: Mr. Schrauben.
Whose M.O. is to teach little kids to read.


Mom, I'm okay.  Are you?




And off she goes.  She walked in without looking back.
Seriously, didn't she know I could have used another glance?  Another blown kiss?
Oh, and tomorrow?  Yeah, she's going to college.  

2 comments:

Molly Hammond said...

i'm so sad! but, i'm a very proud godmother. she's going to have such a great year! and so, will you! :)

Lizard Rae said...

We have to find a way to make our babies stop growing up!!! Congrats to Eleanor on her first day!